Pictures Of Decorated Fireplace Mantels – Global Home Decor
Pictures Of Decorated Fireplace Mantels
- Fireplace mantel or mantelpiece, also known as a chimneypiece, originated in medieval times as a hood that projected over a grate to catch the smoke. The term has evolved to include the decorative framework around the fireplace, and can include elaborate designs extending to the ceiling.
- That part of a hearth setting that protrudes from the surface above the opening of the firplace and is ususally used as a shelf. If made of combustible material, it must be far enough above the fireplace opening to meet NFPA standards.
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; “Decorate the room for the party”; “beautify yourself for the special day”
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; “Flowers adorned the tables everywhere”
- Denoting a stage of English Gothic church architecture typical of the 14th century (between Early English and Perpendicular), with increasing use of decoration and geometric, curvilinear, and reticulated tracery
- adorned: provided with something intended to increase its beauty or distinction
- A photograph
- A portrait
- (picture) visualize: imagine; conceive of; see in one’s mind; “I can’t see him on horseback!”; “I can see what will happen”; “I can see a risk in this strategy”
- A painting or drawing
- (pictural) pictorial: pertaining to or consisting of pictures; “pictorial perspective”; “pictorial records”
- (picture) a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; “they showed us the pictures of their wedding”; “a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them”
Fireplace mantel decorated for fall.
Since taking this picture I changed the ribbon on the wreath. It now has a simple bow of dark brown satin ribbon that looks less Christmassy than the ribbon in this photo.
Fireplace Mantel 15
Fireplace Mantel in West Vancouver BC by Blenard’s Decor